About Me

My photo
Radical 7even is online blog that follows the spiritual journey of a group of friends. We all are different and have different aspirations in life, but the one things that will never change is the sisterhood we have. And it will only grow stronger as time and this journal progress. -the HIS girls

Saturday, September 10, 2011

My First Entry - Venus

My name is Venus Gilmore. I’m originally from Dallas, TX. I live in Mesquite, TX until I was 13 and then I moved to AL. I’ve been living in AL for 11 yrs. I moved to AL in Dec. 2000 because my grandma on my mother’s side had a massive stroke and heart attack. She passed away in Sept. 2001. I’m 24 yrs old and I don’t have any children. I’m in a relationship. I have one half brother. I graduated from high school in 2005. After I graduated from high school, I went to college. I attended Auburn Montgomery 2005-2008. In May 2008, I transferred to AU. In May 2010, I graduated from AU with a B.A. in Sociology w/ a concentration in Social Organization and Inequality w/ a Minor: Social Work. I’m also a proud member of Theta Phi Sigma Christian Sorority, Inc. I’m #2 Restored of the SPR2K11 E-line of the Pink Expressions of Praise.

What I expect to get out of this journey is to learn more about myself and achieve my goals.

My seven goals for the year goes as follows: 1) To continue to get closer to God and read more/learn about his word; 2)To volunteer at the Women’s Hope Clinic; 3) To start a chapter in Auburn for my sorority and to be more involved w/ my sorority; 4)To enjoy my life more! 5) To get a job in my field; 6) To share my faith w/ others more; and 7) To get more involved in ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment